- Patriot Day, September 11th was held. Quite an amazing ritual with at least 30 of us in
- POW/MIA Day on September 18th at Punchbowl. Always a fantastic ceremony with over 50 organizations participating in presenting wreaths or
- Our delivery of Personal Sanitation Kits to the Veteran Stand Down on 1 September in Waialua was well received. Thanks to your generosity, we had 51 complete kits and numerous soap, shampoos, razors to make another 28 partial Over 100 Veterans at- tended this event. We will be there to assist. I’ll keep you posted.
- Bingo at Tripler Hospital was held on 27 August and 27 September. Elks from various Lodges attend and make sure our Veterans have an enjoyable few
- Veteran’s Saturday, 11 November. Join us at the Waikiki Natatorium at 1100 as we honor our Hawaii comrades who served in World War I. After this ceremony, things will happen at the Lodge for our Lodge Veterans. Still in the works at press time.
- Toys for The Lodge participated in the Toys for Tots program of the
U.S. Marine Corps Reserve for the first time last year. We anticipated contributing two (2) boxes of toys. Mahalo everyone as we gave over five (5) boxes of goodies and gift cards. I am eagerly waiting what we can do this year. We shall see if our renovations allow this to happen.
OUR veterans within Elkdom need to be recognized. Please note the Roll Call box as you enter the Lodge. Fill a card out please. Who are we? How can we receive photos, then and now of our fellow Lodge members? Best guess, we have over 400 Veterans in Honolulu Lodge, female and male.
Join Fred, Bob, John or myself and many other Elk/Veterans the first Saturday each month at 0830 as the veterans of Post 8616 have breakfast and swap stories. Our VFW Post is preparing for celebrating all of the above and more. Stop by on 7 October or 4 November and say hello, veteran or not. If you are a veteran, once again, I need your ideas and support. Drop me a note at: lock- email@example.com